Monday, November 19, 2007

Warning: Blog Contains Peanuts

Slaving over a stove is right up their with the raking the leaves in a chicken costume. Meaning I only do it when absolutely necessary. Surprisingly, I do enjoy baking. Mostly because of that darn sweet tooth I have. I am passing on to you my recipe for our families favorite Peanut Butter Cookies. These are perfect for cold icky days like today or when a friend is having cravings. OR when your husband has been working an ungodly amount of overtime and you want to ease his homesickness.
1 cup (two cubes) of real butter, at room temperature

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup brown sugar*

1 cup granulated sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla

3 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt


Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars together until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Shape into large dough balls. And then my secret touch, roll into granulated sugar. Place on baking sheets. Using a fork, mark each with a "X". Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 minuets, or until slightly golden. We always like ours a little under done.


Serve warm with a tall glass of milk.



*Now that brown sugar comes in a resealable plastic bag. I take great enjoyment of dipping my measuring cup into the sack, scooping up the sugar, then packing it with the outside plastic. Does that even make since? Anyway, it makes me feel like I am saving a step.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Ladies: these cookies are delicious! Make them at your own risk, you won't be able to stop eating them!!

Becca, thank you again for sending the cookies to work with Matt! He was so kind to share them with me. Thanks also for sharing your family recipe for the cookies!

Glory Laine said...

Ummmm he "shared" them with you? I sent over a dozen cookies with him to work yesterday. I loving set aside six on a pretty glass plate, and wrapped them with note that said, For Meghan. This morning I saw that he took the cookies off the pretty plate and put them in god-knows-what, only to find out he "shared" them with you. He owes you big.

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

That's so funny about the brown sugar. I like doing that too. Why is it that weird things are so fulfilling like that?

I think it's awesome that you made these treats even though you don't like to cook. I wish I was as nice as you. Jason's favorite dessert is lemon bars and I've made them for him about 5 times in 13 years.

Ona said...

Yum, yum, I love peanut butter cookies :)

P.S. I called Nikki today.

February Jill said...

I like mine with a big glass of "melk." In my opinion, slightly mispronouncing milk isn't on the same plane as saying "birfday" and "nucular." And you can tell Matt I said so. :)

LizzyG said...

I do that exact same thing with the brown sugar! And I'm with you....cooking meals is like an unpleasant chore to me, but I love baking!

Angela said...

mmmmm SOUNDS YUMMY!

Unknown said...

LOL! Matt brought me 6 delicious cookies in a ziploc container, and then he ate one! I am literally laughing out loud about this right now...because you were so wonderful to wrap them up so beautifully for me, then he stuffed them into a ziploc container! Eddie would do something like this!!

Stacey said...

It must be a cooking day. I have spaghetti going in the crock pot right now. Definitely a testament of my love for my husband since I'm not big on the stuff. I'd choose peanut butter cookies any day!

Happy McNally Mom said...

These are just what I need right now!!!!!! OK, so maybe need is a strong word, but it is what I want. Thank you so much for the recipe.

Julie said...

Yum, I love PB cookies... but I have never had yours... (hint, hint)...