Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Open House: The basement

Ok so not the most flattering part of the house but because I will probably never have a basement again I suppose it's deserving of a post too.

When I was pregnant with Tobin we took on the task of splitting up the basement and adding a living/office/bath/media/exercise room. It's used for all and we are so glad to have added square footage to the house.

The laundry or as I like to think of it.....my second home. I am here all-the-time.


The staircase



Matt's workshop. I guess I occasionally go down here to retrieve a screwdriver or picture nail but other than that......it's not my cup of tea. Matt also has his "reloader" equipment down here. What? You don't know what a relaoder is? It's where Matt makes his own ammunition, Silly. I can't believe you even had to ask.




Whelp. That's it for this week.




10 comments:

Kim H. said...

Soo...I take it your moving? I can't imagine leaving a place that perfect! Maybe you'll find something even better though! My parents live in Ohio and have a basement - down in Texas though - it's a foreign concept to us. :-)

Unknown said...

You have the nicest basement I've ever seen!

Hosmerita said...

Richard is drooling over the reloader and the media room.

Lion Heart said...

GLAD TO SEE YOU WASH WITH TIDE!

Michelle said...

your home is amazing! Makes me want to pack up and move to the west side of our state! I can't remember why you are moving??? I am sure it is back in the posting somewhere.

Tiffany said...

Oh what I wouldn't give for a basement and an "everything" room like you have down there! Hey, that nice slick grey floor looks quite familiar too....hrm...

Team Johnston said...

I am loving your house! :) Since you guys are building from scratch, I would take along some of the same set up you have now! :)
~Danielle :)

Valerie of Momia said...

Oh, it would be sooooo cool to have a basement! Our garage is flooded with things that would be in our basement. And I'd love a playroom for Makayla/extra bedroom. A kickback family room/game room would be wonderful!

In our old house in central California, we had a BIG family room that was our multipurpose room. (TV, couches, laundry room, piano, drums...) When people came over, we could stash things in there, close the door, and no one would even know the difference (the door to it looked like it was a door to another bedroom or perhaps bathroom- not another world!)

I do miss that! :)

Stephanie said...

That is a great basement! I imagine it will be a major selling point for the house.

Whenever we decide to build a house we're building a basement with it. Can't beat cheap square footage with concrete floors...basements are perfect for kids!

momaof4 said...

Love it! I love all of your house and am excited to see what you do with a new one!!!!