Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lit for Kids











Charlott's Web

Judy Blum Books

Thumbelina

Pippi Longstocking

Anne of Green Gables

Pollyanna

Island of the Blue Dolphin

American Girl Series

These are the stories that I remember having my nose in while growing up. I suppose I have read a few as a grown up too. These books gave me a love of fantasy and still sit on my book shelves. Today while I was doing my homework (to be posted this weekend.) I ran across these titles that you might enjoy.


CHILDREN'S BOOK TITLES
THAT NEVER MADE IT TO THE BEST SELLER LIST
You Were an Accident
Strangers Have the Best Candy
The Magic World Inside the Abandoned Refrigerator
The Boy Who Died From Eating All His Vegetables
Your Nightmares Are Real!
Grandpa Gets a Casket
Dad’s New Wife, Robert
Curious George and the High Voltage Fence
The Pop-Up Book of Human Anatomy
Whining, Kicking and Screaming To Get Your Way
What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
Why Can't Mr. Fork and Ms. Electrical Outlet Be Friends?
Daddy Drinks Because You Cry

13 comments:

Angela said...

That is stinkin funny!

Alida said...

"Daddy Drinks Because You Cry" is a family favorite. I just finished reading Charlotte's Web to the kids. They loved it.
(I thought they were too young for
"It Burns When I Pee, Charlie Brown")

Stefanie said...

Saw you got tons on the hair-do post, so I will write here. Loved Phoebe's new cut - just right. And you know I love books...you are too creative.

Julie said...

Becca, you just crack me up... that's all I can say!

Anonymous said...

Oh' man. LAUGHING out LOUD right now. That is awesome!

Kristie said...

Ha!!

Hosmerita said...

Ok seriously? I really enjoyed all of those books growing up. I mean come on the pop up book, was the greatest, very informative.

Anonymous said...

As a home school mom, I'm so glad to get some new ideas for school reading. Keep it fresh, that's what I say.

The Pilgrims said...

Hummm.... I wonder what the other teachers would say if I started reading aloud to my studetns some of the books from the second list? Even better, what would the parents say? ;) Perhaps they'd realize that in some cases, the truth hurts!
:)
p.s. Love the haircutting blog... I'm in need of a trim. Can I stop by?!

Ona said...

I have Charlotte's web on my shelf and still have not started it. I'm such a slacker.

Team Johnston said...

I read Charlotte's Web as a kid and just got finished reading it to Allyson. She loved it! :)
~Danielle :)

AngieG said...

Becca, Your humore is a little sick and twisted sometimes but I LIKE IT! Very funny. We have to laugh at tragic situations sometimes just to stay sane.

Glory Laine said...

Just to be clear I found these on-line. I wish I could be this witty, but instead I just love a good laught too.