Friday, November 13, 2009

Quacked Up

Do you have a store that when you walk into your eyes dance with utter joy and excitement? I do. If you ever get a chance to go to an Anthropologie, you will be in my personal heaven. In fact in my heaven this store is right across the street of my craftsman lakeside bungalow, next to my personal Starbucks, just kitty corner from Rebecca's True La Boo Foo Foo Spa.
Anthropologie is way out of my pocketbook's league but oh my, do I love me some inspiration when I stroll through this eclectic paradise. Their vintage stuff is really what kills me. I am the proud owner of some of these glasses:
Then something happened that rocked me to my core and made me question all that I believe in. In their catalogue I saw these shoes:
Have you ever, EVER seen shoes this ridiculous? And then I thought to myself, "Self, what if you had a cousin that collected mallard ducks and you thought this would bring a smile to her face if I bought these for her." Then I saw that these duck-head shoes are $350 ducks, I mean BUCKS. My faith has been shaken and that buyer needs to be fired.


4 comments:

Stefanie said...

That is the weirdest pair of shoes I have ever seen! Not to mention my husband may want to mount them. Can you imagine a shopping trip with 350 dollars in hand - we could buy so many adorable things!!?!?!?!!

That being said, I love your glasses!

jana said...

I love Anthropologie too! The last time I was in there, I was literally seconds away from buying a $90 pillow for our bed. Pillow. $90. Yes, I am insane. Luckily, my saner self took hold right before I walked up to the counter.

Shelby said...

I am your cousin, and I love Mallard Ducks. Now what?!


haha! Love you!

momaof4 said...

hmmm, I think you should get them, just to get them :)