Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Daydreamin'


daydream |ˈdāˌdrēm|
nouna series of pleasant thoughts that distract one's attention from the present.
I really don't have anything to be stressed about right now. Tobin is watching a movie, the twins are ignoring the construction work outside their window and are sleeping away. Matt is bringing home the bacon and I had a great MOPS meeting and a $2 Java Crew today. Life is good. But I can't help to daydream about some quality me time. I'll share my fantasy if you share yours. A little cabin nestled in the woods by a lake. A hammock, books, and a box of Little Debbies. A few days of that and I'd come back a new woman. I'd still have saggy breasts but my mind would be firm. Here is a great picture of Jill, Stef, and I at Stef's family cabin. This picture takes me back to all of us surrounded by quiet. Only breaking it if someone had to share what they were reading.So now it's your turn. Tell me your daydream.

9 comments:

Happy McNally Mom said...

Oh my friend I am so with you. I would love to just sit right now. Reading, eating, peeing whenever I want. These are all dreams of mine right now. I could care less where these things are all taking place.

melissa said...

Your daydream sounds pretty darned good to me! I'd even settle for a couple of hours of quiet in my own house. Wait, that may be why I'm up so late every night... in search of the after-bedtime quiet. :)

Stephanie said...

Ah, daydreamin'...

A boutique hotel at the beach, nice blanket, books, hot drink, and the sound of the ocean. I could use a couple days of that!

red-headed Wilson's said...

I would love a hammock on the beach under a couple palm trees. Some of the books I have stockpiled and some good fountain pepsi. That would be my days. My evenings would be a HUGE bathtub and candles with more books and then a huge bed with good fluffy blankets. O, heaven.

Unknown said...

The Day Dream:
White crisp sheets, king-sized bed all to myself, a pile of books and bottle of really good wine and a box of chocolates. I'm just a simple gal.

The Realty:
I wouldn't be able to sleep without Sergio. I also like to read him passages of my books that I find fascinating (while his is listening to his ipod no less). One whole bottle of wine is really too much and I always like to share my chocolate with the little ones.

But, I still have my dreams:)

crystalkupper said...

Sitting on the front balcony of a real house I own, hearing the crickets and frogs and looking up at the stars somewhere in the country or by the ocean.

momaof4 said...

Well, I can only be by myself for so long...so I would like to be on a warm beach with some girlfriends, drinking our fav's, reading our books, hearing them giggle at the funny parts. And no wind :)

Erin said...

I think I'd have to say some exotic spa with a small number of girlfriends - somewhere in Italy or Greece or something - getting the kind of royal treatment Esther got before she presented herself to the king. Really good books that are worth my time, good conversations with really good friends, and really, really good food!

February Jill said...

Ha ha! i love how we are pretending to ignore the camera in this picture. Also, who picked out those adorable multi-colored adirondack chairs? Fabulous.

Oh, and my fantasy is on a beach in Hawaii, with a bunch of couples so that we can have couple time, girls time, etc. Fun drinks, great food, sun, swimming and snorkeling.

Jill