Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ode to Jabe Michael Green



I fell in love with your name before we even knew you would exist. It’s as if the name placed you in my heart and I willed you here. I am always looking for names that are different, easy to say and remember and hold great meaning. Your name came while I was watching this shameful reality show called, “Who wants to be a Hilton” Their was a cast member with the name Jabe and he was cute and friendly and I just loved the way it sounded. Next I searched the web to find its meaning. I realized it was short for Jabez and that the meaning was, Born of my labor; Survivor. Because of all we did you get you and for being frozen for three years, I knew if I were to ever have another son his name would be Jabe. Michael Green is your grandpa’s given name. Besides the fact we have just be reunited with the Green side of the family, your grandpa has been a tremendous blessing to me. He has cherished me as his own daughter and made me feel as if the world was lucky to have me. For that and many other things I gave you his name. You are beautiful my son. You have a wide jaw like your dad and my fair skin. Your grin goes for miles and I just know that you will break many hearts one day. You are so strong. Just because we brought you home from the hospital at four pounds don’t think for a second we thought you were weak. You show your strength by wanting to stand always and now being the first to roll over (and over and over) You love to eat but get frustrated when the milk isn’t poring into your mouth. I have to be careful not to let you get too hungry or it’s hard to calm you down. At your four month appointment you weighed 13 lbs and were 23 inches long. You rolled over for the first time in front of the doctor. He was happy to be a witness. Your favorite place to be is your swing and that is where you have slept though the night at times. I know I will love raising you as I have your brother. I pray over you wisdom, purity, safety and a love of God that sets your path in motion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I know so much more about you from reading these great posts about your kids. I think I'm going to follow your lead and write one each about mine too.

It has been such an encouragement to me to read about your family. It really reminds me of God's goodness and His faithfulness.

Anonymous said...

So awesome! You seem like a great mama!

Lindsay said...

Love your posts about your children. They will treasure the words from their mommy forever!
God is good!

Angela said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. What a little blessing he is.