Monday, May 02, 2011

Countertop Phase

Let's pretend my three month hiatus never happened . . . yes?
I woke up this morning to find my 7 year old up with the sun. He was busy drawing, (a common occurrence). I was floored with his new maturity that he didn't need to wake me up to help entertain him. He knew he could draw until I got up. His muse is usually a Star Wars scene or a police pursuit, but this morning I loved what he sketched:
I think he was trying to get the reflection of the tulips on the countertops . . . I was happy I wiped them down before I went to bed so he could see them. I also think he tried to capture the curve of the mason jar/vase only he curved the opposite way . . . that comes from my side of the family (smile)!

6 comments:

Luke e Lindsey in amore said...

I am loving your kitchen!! What a great artist Tobin is:)

Arnegard said...

That is a GREAT job! You have an aspiring artist!!! Adorable kitchen too!!

crystalkupper said...

Wow, he is so far beyond my artisitc abilities already! Go Tobin! I say you keep that drawing.

Christi said...

These kind of surprises just make all the hard work worth it. He is so special.

Rachel said...

Wow! That's beautiful...both his picture and the view of your kitchen! Happy to see you blogging again!

Anonymous said...

~*Smiles*~